Kiatsu is a form of Japanese acupressure therapy to relieve pain, soreness, and stiffness while improving overall health in a natural way that encourages the body’s own healing abilities to work more efficiently.
Kiatsu is an effective treatment for back pain, headaches, shoulder & joint pain. It can be used to reduce bruising and/or inflammation. It is an excellent way to improve your health, relieve pain, relax the body, increase mobility, reduce stress and lower blood pressure.
The West Linn Dojo offers a special Women’s Only Kiatsu Course.
Our dojo offers a Women’s only course led by Karen Lewis Sensei – Shodan (Black Belt) in Aikido, Shoden (Black Belt) in Ki Development, and a graduate of the Personal Kiatsu School.
Students taking the Kiatsu course do not need to be members of the Aikido program. We encourage the entire community to try this course to see if it is right for you.
The Women’s Kiatsu Course Develops a Calm Mind and a Healthy Body
What you will learn:
- Various physical Kiatsu forms & techniques for applying relaxed pressure to the body
- How to calm the mind and relax the body
- Several forms of meditation
- Deep breathing exercises
- Unification of Mind & Body Techniques
- How to develop and utilize “Ki” (living energy)
- Basic daily health exercises to increase flexibility and reduce tension
- Concepts of Mindfulness & focus
- You will learn to apply Kiatsu techniques to yourself and to others.
Getting Started in the Women’s Kiatsu Course
Get started anytime! Please contact the dojo in advance and let them know you wish to visit. The first class is considered a free intro.
Upon your arrival, you will be asked to fill out a registration form. Attire for class is a cotton T-shirt, sweat pants that cover the knees and a pair of socks.
DIRECTIONS: We are located in the lower level of Bolton Plaza. We recommend parking behind the building vs parking at street level.
FEE: $55 per month