Kid’s Ki Aikido Martial Art Classes (online & In-Dojo)
We provide training in the traditional Japanese martial art of Ki-Aikido. This class is for children ages 8 through 12. All classes follow COVID-19 safe procedures for social distancing, mask use, hand sanitizing, health checks, etc. This class is offered both online and in-dojo. To receive a Zoom invitation, please contact the dojo.
Note: All instructors and assistants are fully vaccinated and wear masks in class.
- Conflict resolution (non-dissension)
- Mental conditioning: Learn to maintain a calm mind through discipline, meditation, deep breathing & developing focus
- Physical conditioning: proper breathing, posture, health exercises
- Martial Art Techniques: Throws, Joint Locks, Strikes, Attacks, Pins, Rolling/Falling (Ukemi)
- Traditional Japanese Weapons: Bokken (sword), Jo (staff), Tanto (knife)
- Tradition: History of the art, Philosophy, Etiquette and more
- How to apply the principles to everyday life
Learn more about Ki Development
Learn more about Aikido
DAY: Monday, Thursday
Class begins promptly at 6:00pm
CONTACT: Email me at email@example.com
COURSE FEE: $65 a month for kids under 13. Fees are all inclusive: all tests, belts annual renewals, insurance, and our annual tournament are included. Please make checks out to The Oregon Ki Society, with “West Linn Dojo” in the memo. There is no limit to the amount of times you can train, so we encourage all members to train as often as possible.
WHAT TO WEAR: Wear loose fitting clothes (sweat pants and a t-shirt) or Aikido Gi (uniform).
FAMILY WAITING AREA: Due to COVID, if there are children under 13 in the dojo, we require all visitors to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status. Thanks!
DIRECTIONS: We are located in the lower level of Bolton Plaza. We recommend parking behind the building vs parking at street level.