Meditation is critical to our training.
It is natural for mind and body to work together as one. When this happens, we realize our full potential. In the Online Morning Meditation class, as in all of our programs, students learn how to unify mind and body. Through lessons in Japanese yoga, deep breathing and numerous types of mediation, students learn to develop a calm & focused mind. Students learn to relax the body to promote good health and a positive attitude. This has far reaching benefits such as helping students create the happy, healthy, and successful life they want to have.
Online Meditation Class Develops a Calm Mind and a Healthy Body
We teach and practice:
- Mind and body unification – Learn to use your mind and body together. Consistent practice cultivates a strong mind that can relax, remain positive and persevere regardless of circumstance or environment.
- Breathing exercise and meditation – Combine deep, relaxed breathing with calmness to improve your physical, emotional and mental health. Learning to be present in the moment and develop Mindfulness is the core of the class. Seeing situations for what they are, making good decisions and leading others in your daily life is the outcome of calming your mind, emotions and body.
- Japanese Yoga techniques – learn various forms and stretches to improve flexibility & your range of motion
- Health exercises – Move with relaxation and good posture. Learn how to apply a natural posture to your daily activities.
- Application in daily life – Meditation & Ki Development is vital when applied to life’s many activities: work, play, rest, family and relationships.
What Is Online Meditation Class Like?
Currently this class is online only, so you can take part in the comfort of your own home. Enjoy classes with fellow students while learning simple and powerful use of coordination of mind and body. A positive class environment is fostered through courtesy, respect and cooperation. The class is suitable for all physical abilities, ages 12 and up.
Classes are a short 30 minute format that usually begin with a brief meditation, followed by 10 minutes of Japanese Yoga or Ki Health Exercises. Afterwards a short 5 minute lesson explains the type of meditation the class will learn that day. Class then ends with 10-15 minutes of a guided meditation. Meditations include a variety of Ki Society specific focused meditations, deep breathing meditations, and several Japanese Yoga meditations utilizing sounds or visuals.
Getting Started in Online Morning Meditation Class
You may start attending Online Morning Meditation Class at any time. Please contact the dojo in advance and let them know you would like to receive the Zoom invitation. Your first class will be treated as an introduction at no charge to you.
Attire for the class should be non-restrictive or loose fitting cloths. Yoga cloths are fine, but not required – dress to be comfortable and freely move. A yoga mat is recommended.